View Single Post
      02-09-2022, 05:07 AM   #60
540iSUP
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30, E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguard8 View Post
Well, the vaccine doesn't put you in a bubble, but it does diminish the spread, & it helps people fight off the serious consequences of infection.
In billions, so far.
Covid never stops with "your body".
You are correct, it doesn't stop with just your own body. But there will always be push back. People are scared of side effects, which is valid, but everything has side effects. People feel that if the vaccine doesn't stop the spread, why get it. We recently "found out" cloth masks do nothing.

Here is the thing: we always knew cloth masks weren't as effective as N-95s, but because there weren't enough masks, we needed to save them for first responders and healthcare professionals. I believe something is better than nothing and in this case masking up and distancing was the best we could come up with. So the science wasn't wrong, it was just we needed to adjust to what we had available.

We now have vaccines and the initial thought was that you get vaxed and you're good. We now know that you can still spread and get Covid, but you won't be able to spread it as long, and if you do get sick, you have a much higher chance of survival.

You can look at this virus in two lights, how it affects yourself and how it affects others. Some people are more concerned with their own life and the lives of their loved ones, while others are concerned for the life of everyone. It is not up to us to tell people who or what to believe. All we can do is present the science as clearly as possible and leave it up to each individual to make that decision. I say "my body, my choice" because I also believe in abortion, and if I were to force people to get a vaccine (even though it is for the good of all) I would be a hypocrite.
Appreciate 0