View Single Post
      11-17-2021, 12:42 AM   #33
540iSUP
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30, E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Not sure if you're trying to be funny but for other vaccines there's usually no mixing involved and many are just 1 shot, vs these C19 ones, whatever you wanna call them brands, types, whatever. These cannot be flippantly equated w vaccines that have actually been through the prescribed screening/test processes.
This is one of the public's misconceptions about the vaccines. People assume, because the vaccine came out so fast, that it wasn't tested. The reality is that Covid-19 is a Coronavirus. The common cold is a Coronavirus. Let that sink in... the Common Cold IS a Coronavirus. We have vaccines for MERS and SARS, each of which is a Coronavirus. All we needed to do was change the vaccines a little bit to cover the new Novel Coronavirus. So the current Vaccines we have are considered safe because of all of the previous work and tests done when developing this new vaccine. Sure we should and could test more, but by that time the world would have lost at least 1/3rd if not more of the population before we roll out the vaccine. So, because this new Coronavirus is a lot more contagious and a lot more deadly, we needed to take action to get ahead of it and try to control the spread. I can almost guarantee that if this virus was really contagious, but didn't kill anyone, we wouldn't care, just like the common cold.

***I'm not a scientist nor would I consider myself an authority on any of this. It is up to you to ask questions and do your own research. I am merely putting forth what I know as a Respiratory Therapist and from my first hand knowledge and experience.***
Appreciate 2