11-12-2021, 09:12 AM   #27
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540iSUP View Post
I work directly with COVID patients in the ICU as well as Covid babies in the NICU. My wife is a Pediatric Nurse and deals with Covid at the bedside as well. As a Respiratory Therapist, I am the person who will place you on a ventilator and manage it. My personal PPE has come down to just an N95 mask and sometimes I might wear Eye protection. I will always have gloves on and an N95. I only gown up if I know we need to "prone" a patient, meaning we need to flip them on their stomach so they can breathe.

None of my family in my household have ever contracted Covid. As long as you protect yourself, wash your hands, and, in my case, I remove my scrubs in my garage when I get home. I never really disinfect my car or wash the car mats or anything and I walk all over my garage floor with the same shoes I use in the hospital.

I believe if you know you're going to be in a confined area with a lot of people, and poor air circulation for a long time then you should wear a mask, don't touch your eyes, nose, ears or mouth, and wash your hands regularly. You will be fine.

If you're showing signs or symptoms of Covid or even the common cold, I would definitely quarantine myself from my family for at least 2 weeks.
Is it realistic for people to effectively quarantine themselves from their family for 2 weeks--especially if everyone in the family is vaxed? I don't think everyone will have that option.
Appreciate 0