View Single Post
      11-12-2021, 01:36 AM   #25
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
So I know the standard issue answer for how long after potential covid exposure will you get symptoms or test positive is like 2-14 days. That’s a big freaking window though.

So realistically… if you were in a high risk situation and don’t want to risk infecting anyone at home. What do you do? I usually have a pack of those at home self test kits lying around. They are not suppose to be the most sensitive but I have also read they are good for detecting amounts of the virus large enough to cause you to spread it. Where as the fancy lab test might detect tiny amounts of virus that would not be enough for you to really spread it to anyone.

So I’m curious what you would do to be as safe as possible without locking yourself in a room for half a month.
I've been exposed or been in bad situations where I could have been exposed on many occasions. I've even worked next to someone who didn't know she was positive all day. On the occasions where I thought I had a higher chance of acquiring the virus, I slept in another bedroom away from my wife and made every effort to avoid staying around as many people as I could. My stores have low carbon dioxide levels and good cross ventilation so I wasn't worried about spreading it at work if I had it. On my worst exposure, I took 500 mg of liposomal Vitamin C liquid every 15 to 30 minutes for one day. I totaled 25 grams that day and 12 grams the next day. Now that I know how important melatonin is, I would supplement high doses of it as well.

I also eat for a purpose which is different than the way most people eat. That helps my immune system keep viral load down.
Appreciate 2