View Single Post
      01-26-2009, 06:31 PM   #51
mightyaa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I've also found it a lot easier to walk away from a ticket (even big ones) by being mostly honest and never letting them see a radar detector. The other day I got clocked doing 90 or so in a 75 in my old 240z (no radar, as he was merging as I shot by). I told the cop I just don't get it out very often and wanted to stretch it's legs. I could tell he liked the car and was interested in it, so I just shot the breeze with him for 5 minutes or so about Z cars and walked with a warning. But I'm also an older guy... The best way to walk out with a warning is to be able to somehow get them to relate to you and cut you some slack. With some, it's all business... but others would much rather gab than fill out paperwork...

Cops in my area admit to specifically targeting younger drivers and regularly set up speed traps near high schools and such. Their reasoning they give the press is that it's better to curb bad habits before a young driver develops them. When I was a young driver, I got pulled over a lot... deal with it.. young drivers are profiled as being the least experienced, most prone to accident drivers out there.
Appreciate 0