View Single Post
      06-11-2020, 08:37 PM   #93
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
And this is why I love double sets of doors. I hold the door open for anyone behind me, even if I have to wait a few seconds for their approach. It pisses me off if they walk right through without saying thank you. When this happens, of course I say a very loud You're welcome. And if there is another set of doors, I take great pleasure in walking through and letting it go in their face. Yes, I'm an evil bitch. I am courteous to everyone, until I have a reason not to be.
You can't (well, shouldn't) force others to play your games. I would mostly thank (definitely if I found it helpful and sometimes just to be polite). But if I don't need that apparently and they do seem to be pleasing themselves (even stealing the room I need to pass without wiping them) I can see it as none of my business. (I don't think I'm obliged to participate.)

I hate people touch me or my things without a permission. Last time in a foreign country I had three incidents. 1. In a supermarket some dick (another customer) started to help the cashier to pack my purchases while I was busy putting away the change. I demanded he must stop. He ignored me completely (He didn't speak my language but of course he got the meaning. I used simple words.). I found that insulting. 2. A waiter patted me on the shoulder (I never knew him). I felt like hitting him back. 3. A pet taxi driver suddenly offered a handshake after charging me more than I had expected (we had never been any close, it was only a business/service for me). Next time I'm going to tell him that's unnecessary. You should pay some true attention to others rather than just entertain yourself at their expense. Show some respect if you wish to be courteous.
Appreciate 1