Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by w3rkn View Post
Which will define BMW (as who they are) more..?
M2, or the i8 ..?

I have recently fell out of love for BMW, resisting it all the way... but over the last few years BMW floorplan has not mirrored anything I want in my stable. As it stand, many believe that the M2 is the last chance BMW has, in keeping long time die-hards and BMW enthusiasts.

(side note: The new M3/M4 did nothing for me, or my friends and none of us see either of them as quintessential)

So, with BMW announcing their new halo car and the pride of BMW.. how do YOU all see it. Will BMW on the streets, be known for their futuristic hybrid vehicles, or will BMW be defined over the coming years by the excitement it brings to the populace in the form their highest performance vehicle, like the M2..?
as a fellow 135is owner....which i believe was THE LAST great 'organic' BMW coupe.....i don't think the M2 or the new M3/M4 will have the level of basic enjoyment as the older BMWs had with their uncomplicated engineering.

I do think, however, that the M2 will be able to override the current numbness in the BMW lineup and make things interesting at least. Will it be as 'fun' as the 1M? doubtful......but at least it will try to bring some enthusiasm back.

For the record, i REALLY like the new F80 M3's looks.....and will be keen to test drive one when they become available. I just hate how big it is. I am also ready to love the M2 and look forward to more details.

I am a big admirer of the i8, but the i8 is a whole new philosophy. A totally different approach to a sports car. Cars like the M2 are attempting to evolve the past definitions and approaches and are likely closer to the original BMW philosophy.

Last edited by IEDEI; 05-02-2014 at 11:08 AM..
Appreciate 0