View Single Post
      12-28-2017, 05:00 AM   #13
stooker
F80 n00b
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 / '06 S2K

OP, if you're like me and don't get drawn into the newest shows and/or have to watch new episodes religiously every week when they come out, any streaming service is fine. I cut cable/satellite service and have used Netflix for the last 5+ years, and haven't looked back. I'm also an Amazon Prime member, but haven't really used their streaming service much. Moving back and forth across the Atlantic forced me into this situation, but it's liberating not having to pay exorbitant monthly rates to sit my ass on a couch for hours on end.

Live sports would be the only difficult one to work around if you're a big sports fan, but there are streaming packages for that as well, but I haven't really compared costs nor do I care enough about sports to do it.

Currently, I pay monthly about $30 for broadband here in the UK (no upgraded speeds, just the basic service), $10 for Netflix, and $10 for Spotify Premium. So $50 a month for a family of four, more than enough entertainment for all of us. The basic broadband (17Mb, I believe) has never failed to deliver full HD streaming, so I haven't seen the need to upgrade.

I had real good success receiving OTA HD in Colorado using a $20 HD antenna. Do you know what's available in your area?

2018 F80 / 2006 S2K / 2005 WRX / 1990 E30 325i
Appreciate 0