View Single Post
      06-20-2022, 09:24 PM   #87
JustinHEMI
Not great. Not terrible
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
I've only driven my Z4M about 8k miles in the last 10 years, it isn't a "mindset" and it is a really poor investment, just all the things that get in the way of driving it more. Remove Winter (say a 1/3 of the year), I spend 40% of my time out of the country. Put the 2 together and 40% of the year I am in the U.S. and it isn't Winter (less than half). Virtually all weekend or longer trips it is me, wife dog so can't drive it. Anytime it is more than 2 people can't drive it. If my wife is driving or she might become the DD she can't drive a manual. It is poor at hauling anything of size. The list goes on. I don't feel bad about it, drive it when I want and am not trying to preserve it.
I feel you. I was actually just thinking of this today..., "when am I going to get to drive my car?" As I have a very busy summer work wise and travel wise. For most of July and August I won't be able to drive my Z4M save for a day or two here and there. Definitely going to be a low mile year considering it will be parked November to April.