View Single Post
      12-19-2020, 09:56 AM   #94
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Amazon just opened a local delivery warehouse in the next town over from me last week.

For the two years prior to this, most of our Amazon packages were put on an overnight truck from an Amazon sorting facility about 2 hours away, and dropped at our local post office around 4:00 AM for last-mile delivery by the USPS. Our mail carrier is awesome, and everyone knows her on a first-name basis. I noticed that she has been running about an hour earlier than normal all week, which is odd considering that the holiday shipping blitz is on. I guess this is because she does not have the Amazon packages to deliver any more.

Long story short, my first post-delivery-warehouse Amazon order is arriving today (laser printer toner cartridges). Amazon's own tracking info absolutely sucks compared with what we had with USPS handling the last-mile deliveries. Even worse is that the package appears to have only left the local delivery warehouse at 10:45 AM as "out for delivery."

I'll update here if I find the toner cartridges in a snow bank stuffed under The Mighty Dodge's tires as wheel chocks.....