bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Not sure where you're getting those numbers from, maybe you're just dividing the number by years. The graph shows the percentage over time and it was negative in the early years but going up after that. Below are the numbers for 1 month, YTD etc. it is higher than that. 3 Yr is over 105%.
My numbers are from here - https://www.bankrate.com/calculators...alculator.aspx

Normally people use average rate of return per year over ROI because it is difficult to compare ROI's. If my investment went up 173% over 4 years and your investment went up 240% over 8 years it is difficult to tell who's performed better. If my investment averaged 14% over 4 years and your investment averaged 16% over 6 years it is simpler.

It is also sometimes misleading to pick certain time periods that did extremely well and talk just about those if it virtually impossible to reliably buy on the bottom and sell at the top.
I just buy and hold it will go up over time. If I sold today I did pretty well but would have done better if I sold a few months ago. It will likely blow past the previous all time high within the next couple months the way things are trending, but like you said hard to predict exactly when. Earnings were reported last week and the price spiked in after hours trading and was up the next morning. Made several thousand dollars as a result. Things have leveled off a bit since. So there are some indicators when things will go up but not an exact science and I'm not betting on that. A dividend is going to be paid later this month which I will likely reinvest in the stock.
Appreciate 0