@ste4lthedF82
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 SSII

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
When I did a balance transfer there was typically a $10 fee so it made it not worth it unless it's a large amount and the interest rate is much better on the other card. Doesn't make sense if you're paying it off every month.
If you have fees then it doesnt make sense. But there are so many cards out there that offer good rates with no fees. I get those offers all the time.

At the time we used this strategy, my wife (girlfriend at the time) owed over $17k+ in debt. ( Which is huge for a college kid ). I was getting credit card offers for balance transfers for 0% for 6mos...w/ no fees. I had pretty good credit at the time because my parents house was under my name and I was part of thier loan since I was 18. I get credit card offers like that all the time.

So we moved the money around between 2-3 cards. She Paid the max she can afford every month. Eventually paid it completely off in a year or so. As your credit gets better, so do the rates... Ironically, you will get plenty of offers like this when you dont need it. Lol.
Appreciate 0