View Single Post
      09-05-2014, 12:16 PM   #59
Devant
Banned
Rep
Drives: '11 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
I agree. NO right or wrong for sure. Something down the road can happen, and it just changes everything in the long run. IF someone can predict the future 95/100 times, they can just quit being a professor, and become a CEO of DJ30, and make $25mil/yr avg salary.

21 course credit at our school means I didn't get a single credit.
Well, I only took 2 course as audited (Microecon theory1, and Math Stat for Economist) , and it was not as hard, so we shall see I will stop being a sissy and take classes as credited. It is not that "Can I finish?" but more of "is it worth the $?"
~$4500 for a "feeler" was costly, but my wife is extremely happy that I even got accepted.
I am still living in late 90s in-state tuition dreamworld.

People who I've talked with told me to take some as audited before making a decision.

If i decide to pursue forward, I will think about teaching. Even getting an visiting/adjunct status are not as easy as 15 years ago.

I really applied to a school which is really not known for what I want. I just applied to this school, because it is closest and I took undergrad there. I am more of micro or operation guy, and our school is known for intl econ (especially trade side). I think our school was rank as low as #40 overall around year 2000.
Honestly I am a corporate guy through and through. No interest in teaching. I just want the PhD after my name, because everyone has a CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA, or MBA

But how many people in corporate finance have PhD? Not too many..well now I sound like a complete snob.
Appreciate 0