09-05-2014, 12:09 AM   #47
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devant View Post
I think this more a company's reaction to poor cash flow or earning, rather than pressures they face due to wage restrictions. There is definitely no right or wrong and your viewpoint has merit. But that is what is so geat about economics. It is part art and part science.

Are you planning to teach after you get your PhD?
I agree. NO right or wrong for sure. Something down the road can happen, and it just changes everything in the long run. IF someone can predict the future 95/100 times, they can just quit being a professor, and become a CEO of DJ30, and make $25mil/yr avg salary.

21 course credit at our school means I didn't get a single credit.
Well, I only took 2 course as audited (Microecon theory1, and Math Stat for Economist) , and it was not as hard, so we shall see I will stop being a sissy and take classes as credited. It is not that "Can I finish?" but more of "is it worth the $?"
~$4500 for a "feeler" was costly, but my wife is extremely happy that I even got accepted.
I am still living in late 90s in-state tuition dreamworld.

People who I've talked with told me to take some as audited before making a decision.

If i decide to pursue forward, I will think about teaching. Even getting an visiting/adjunct status are not as easy as 15 years ago.

I really applied to a school which is really not known for what I want. I just applied to this school, because it is closest and I took undergrad there. I am more of micro or operation guy, and our school is known for intl econ (especially trade side). I think our school was rank as low as #40 overall around year 2000.