10-15-2015, 01:56 PM   #30
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman View Post
Not really, they do have QA (Quality Assurance) teams who are suppose to understand the product and changes coupled with all the various test conditions to vet the product through before they release.
Keywords = 'supposed to'

Apple doesn't make any money by supporting old phones, they make money by selling new phones. My money says all the QA effort goes into the new phone and old phones are an afterthought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman
They also have Beta's which you and I are not signed up for (but you and I can sign up for today if we like) to see how it works ahead of time.
I'm good. Why would I volunteer to be a beta-tester when they've repeatedly failed with this at product launch? I need a working phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman
The issue I had was an existing issue since iOS 8.x and it will hit people randomly. I think the bug was re-introduced because they had a fix in the 8.x lifetime but it was re-introduced in 9.0.0 but fixed as part of 9.0.1. Someone in their testing team didn't learn from past mistakes and it bit them in the a$$ again. That makes it a hit on the companies image and to their bottom line if people choose not to buy another product from apple (or upgrade).
That's not what happens though, what happens is people go "ohh my phone is old, better go get that new iPhone."