Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckbangblow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
That's a great question, and thank you for the supportive words. I'm not one of those guys who played "cops and robbers" as a child and dreamed about one day potentially dying for those that despise me. That latter cynicism aside, it wasn't until my mid-20's that my interest in the field began to sprout. Initially I wanted to be an architect, but the father of a woman I dated nearly all of my 20's was a California Highway Patrolman who retired as a Lieutenant a few years ago; a month or two prior to the death of one of his daughters at the hands of a terrorist. HE, alone, was the impetus for going this route to serve and protect the public, and I'm thankful for his early influence in my life every single day.

California law enforcement is paid the highest in the country. Our respective unions fight for significant raises and our retirements are robust. I have absolutely no complaints. I don't think money is the driver; departmental morale is......and to a lesser, or equal, degree, laws that don't negatively impact our ability to do our jobs effectively. Certain laws create an environment where the motivation to make an arrest dissipates.....rapidly.

...and as for the story, do you want to hear one with a positive/amicable ending or a negative ending?
Great reason for being an officer.

Well, around here, police officers don't have it so good, which is why I ask.

I like a good ending if it has some action ahead of it.
Here's one.....

....So I'm on patrol one night and I observe a vehicle in my rear view mirror traveling at a high rate of speed. As the car passes, I start rolling code, and the chase is on. The driver exited the freeway and starts driving through the hills. Part of me was a little impressed by the driving, and part of me was thinking, "This m'fer is going to end up tumbling down the hillside." Finally the driver yields, and who do I find in the driver's seat?!?!? ......a 14 year old girl with no license, wearing pajamas and driving shoes. LMAO! I laughed.....loudly!
Appreciate 1