View Single Post
      08-09-2020, 07:43 AM   #500
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Teams are appealing RP verdict as they are not happy with Merc's actions in passing on restricted designs to RP in 'some way' other than tracing paper etc.
If appeal successful then Merc may be in serious trouble.
i dont think RP problem will involve Merc' my friend..
photographic softwares are really advanced creating 3d modeling based on pics is not something new.. recently its even crazier part of my job involves this.. i really dont think so Merc' d just give all the designs etc to RP.. its d be a clear violation of the rules and Merc' have no reason to do it.. money? no.. need more trained mind resources? no.. RP's leader so charming that can trick Merc? no..

i believe worst case scenario is disqualification of RP or no cons. points for them this season only drivers.. but i believe in the end we ll have more detailed rules of the car designs but one way or another "inspiration" is not avoidable.. maybe clearer boundaries can be set.. but still copying something cant make you better than the car you copied only you can be good as that car.. thats why no reason for big teams to do it..

look at these 2 cars for example..

heavily inspired.. is it wrong for a small team.. i dont think so.. back in days Minardi was trying new things and their car sucked esthetically and performance wise.. closer grid d be a nice thing.. did Haas was better than Ferrari back 2018-19.. no.. like this..

but with RP problem is bigger because almost all teams suck this year.. clearly suck.. 1 seconds behind on quali is ridiculous.. when RP is faster than almost all the grid problem started for other teams.. besides when you let a team to buy suspension elements brake discs etc. there is not much other options to design a car differently you take the right path to evolve the elements around those parts you import..