View Single Post
      03-03-2019, 06:14 PM   #16
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

So we’ve book the trip and we’ll be landing in Kahului Sunday afternoon and leaving late Wednesday night, which gives us about 3 1/2 days. I’ve research your suggestions and I think we can fit a lot in if we forgo sitting and chilling at the hotel or on the beach a lot.

Sunday- Settle into the hotel and get our car, ask the hotel concierge and get advice/opinions about our plans. Probably just go next door to Lahaina and shop and enjoy a luau, get an early sleep.

Monday- Get up and out by 3:00AM and head up to Haleakala which previous visitors said would be about a two hour drive from where we are. The sunrise is around 6:30AM so it give us leeway to get there and do some stargazing. Afternoon in Turtle Town for snorkeling and kayaking. Attend a luau if we can’t get one in Sunday.

Tuesday- Some people suggested to spend a full day for the drive to Hana so we can make frequent stops and enjoy the views/attractions. Looking at the map, looks like we’re going to take the upper path route 30-340-36-360 to Hana and then the lower path 37-30 back to the hotel. Looks like several beaches and waterfalls along the route.

Wednesday- Don’t know yet.

If you guys have any other suggestions for filling the free time or anything specific to do/eat along our path I’ll definitely google it. I’m really looking forward to trying new seafood as you might guess living in Phoenix it’s not known as a seafood haven. Thanks
Appreciate 0