10-03-2019, 11:55 AM   #1248
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
JP10 I dunno? hopefully fine. hey by the way when you do seated leg extensions do you incorporate the toe in toe out method to hit certain parts of your quads?
I keep them straight. But I only use it as a pre-exhaust technique as I think going too heavy on extensions could cause knee issues later. And by turning your feet, you can place stress on areas you don't want to.

Where I can really tell a difference in position of the toes is during a hack squat. You can really feel it isolate the inner and outer quad because it's basically a pressing movement. And you can take it to failure much safer than you can on other exercises such as squats.

One trick...if you want to "light" up a certain area......superset them with adductions or abductions depending on the area you are trying to hit.

So let's say you want to hit inner quads. Do a set on the adductor machine, the immediately do a set on the hack-squat machine with toes pointed inwards...vice-versa for outside quads.

Something about triggering those groups really complements each other.

Most people do the abductor machine along with toes out hack squats. Superset them and you build that "sweep" along your outer quads.