View Single Post
      07-09-2005, 05:12 AM   #6
Tierfreund
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet
The USA has the professional radio (RAD2) standard, that also connects to the MOST bus, just like the CCC and also to the K-CAN, again like the CCC
Yes, I know. And if you pull the deck, you´ll loose the ability to read and program certain functions of the on-board computer through the deck. But they´re redundant. They can also be accessed through the instrument cluster. The car will run fine without the Professional radio. Btw with the Prof Radio you get the M-Bus, but without changer, Logic 7 or bluetooth, it´s the only M-Bus device and therefore pretty loneley.

The Can-Bus will not be disturbed by removing the member "Radio". Worst case, the car will log an error due to it lacking.

Oh yeah, and good point. If you have bluetooth, removing the radio means no more phone as well.

The radio is master for the m-bus (wich you don´t need if ou have no other M(Most)-Bus devices and only a member on the Can-Bus (K-CAN), so you can do without.

On for completeness sake, the third bus is engine and chassis-related and I forgot the name.... But the Radio at least is not part of that bus..
Appreciate 0