View Single Post
      08-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #16
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

I personally stuck with the V1 and have been running it for the past 5 years along with a set of Blinder M25 laser jammers and no tickets.

Laser shifters can definitely be effective, and ultimately if they save you from even 1 ticket, they've paid for their worth. I've been hit by lidar a few times when going quick (25+ over) and either the officer wasn't interested, or he wasn't able to get a good fix.

The positioning and aiming is critical of the heads though. I've seen people who've had them installed behind their grille because they look "Stealthy" and totally failed to realize that the LED's can't work behind plastic, making them really expensive weights.

Heres a video showing a test on a E90, some things to note are 1: he doesn't have a front plate (plates are giant mirror targets for Lidar, I run a matte plastic cover over mine since they're required in NY)

It is definitely going to depend on the lidar gun that the officer uses, some are much more high tech, and some are 10 years old, but the newer systems account for all of the new guns and some have USB ports to allow for firmware updates.
Appreciate 0