10-14-2019, 03:59 PM   #223
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Management before didn't care as long as we got our work completed. When I started, I was told we could use the internet for whatever as long as it was in moderation and our job was done. Work first, then whatever. In the years that I have been here, I have no write-ups, no verbals, no points and not a single reprimand. I come in early and stay late almost daily. Now suddenly, my productivity and efficiency is being scrutinized.

The way I see things is that they pay be get a job done. I have to be here for x amount of hours regardless of workload. Either provide me with work to be done or leave me alone about what I do during downtime. Either this or pay me a flat rate, without set hours and I will complete every task on-time, in-full.

This is where a lot of companies start a downward spiral in which productivity goes down, they press harder, it backfires on them, and then morale starts dropping.

Once that begins, it's a slippery slope to overcome....biggest reason being that they won't admit they were wrong in the policy they implemented.

It just makes their people turn against them, and they are really too stupid to notice it until they have alienated everyone that was worth a damn!