View Single Post
      01-03-2022, 04:06 PM   #12
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
As someone who is Canadian and knows nothing about the benefits of the individual states, crime rate, school system, outdoor/indoor attractions, etc - if you live in America, where would you like to live assuming you could find a job, had no family responsibilities tying you to where you currently are? And why would you choose that location?

My wife and I are starting to kick the idea of moving to the States around. She's a doctor, so it would have to be a state that recognizes her credentials, but we'll figure that out.

Our current government is insane and we feel they are targeting our kids by keeping them out of school. This has far ranging mental issues, societal issues, and general academic issues (unless we step up to the plate, which we are).

It would have to be a solid red state, not a purple one, because a purple one could easily flip and then we will possibly be in the same situation we are now, where they might close schools.

So California is out for that reason, though the natural beauty of that state makes it somewhere where I'd like to live.

I don't honestly want to move, but the fact that they are going this crazy over Omicron makes me think they will just continue to lock down every wave now despite the vaccine.
My wife and I have this discussion regularly, like you I don't like what's happening here, and I don't see it going back to some kind of normal anytime soon. I'd like it to but honestly I'm losing faith. Like you a Red State, and honestly if we did it I don't want winter anymore.
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615517.00
Joekerr7939.00