04-15-2019, 11:06 AM   #11
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
I would want to know why it was lemon lawed and what was done for it. It could be that there was a continuing problem and the final solution was complete replacement of the bad part(s) but too late for the owner who demanded lemon law treatment. In that case, it might be a good idea if the discount reflects the status.

But if you cannot identify the reason for the buyback, and what was done if anything to fix it, then I would be hesitant unless the discount was huge.

Also. some manufacturers pull the OEM warranty once a car is lemon lawed. So I would check and make sure that you will have remaining OEM warranty.
Agree. Also think that with any of these strange titles that stay with the car forever the only likely way to come out ahead is to keep the car a long time. Buy a "lemon" or salvage title, keep the car a couple of years and the new owner will expect close enough to the same discount you got that I wouldn't bother.

Buy a 2015 at a big enough discount and keep it 7-10 years and likely at this point it won't matter much as it won't have much value either way, plus you can show when the issues happened and that it is no longer a problem.