09-07-2022, 04:50 PM   #136
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
As someone who's got a fair bit of time in both Boeing and Airbus as a professional pilot-- this has so many things wrong with it, I don't even know where to begin.

R.

Did you see the Sully movie? It took the NTSB investigators something like 15 tries to get the aircraft back to the airport; and the Hudson wasn't an option. Other than that, I'm very open to instruction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
My son flies the A320 for a major airline and loves the airplane. I've had the pleasure of watching him make a max-effort takeoff with a full load from a 6500 foot runway and the climb angle was better than the ERJ-175 ahead of it. Also, he had no problem making a 45 degree bank to avoid multiple thunderstorms near Mexico City not long ago.

I'm sure he would disagree with you.
I was only speaking from my perspective. Maybe the "A" programmers are giving the pilot more control, I don't know, but I have heard pilots love them. I worked LA and we had (I'm sure nothing has changed) plenty of trouble getting those guys "out of Dodge" on hot days due to our limited airspace. It took 85 flying miles to get an A321 out of 17K'. All the Boeings were well into the flight levels (yes, similar destinations).

I will retire, but still prefer an aircraft built by one country and not three European ones.
Appreciate 0