View Single Post
      09-07-2022, 04:37 PM   #135
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Boeing. Airbuses are 100% computer controlled with the pilot having "limited" control. The computer (FMS) decides if it will do what the pilot command. Had the FMS been available for Sully, they would have crashed in Manhattan. The FMS wouldn't recognize the Hudson as a suitable landing area and would have done everything to make it back to the airport.

From a passenger standpoint I understand Airbuses are pretty nice. From a controllers standpoint they SUCK! Can't climb, can't slow and they are slow to initiate turns (gotta ask the FMS first).
My son flies the A320 for a major airline and loves the airplane. I've had the pleasure of watching him make a max-effort takeoff with a full load from a 6500 foot runway and the climb angle was better than the ERJ-175 ahead of it. Also, he had no problem making a 45 degree bank to avoid multiple thunderstorms near Mexico City not long ago.

I'm sure he would disagree with you.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0