08-26-2022, 04:11 PM   #22
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
tranquility So I guess I never read your entire original post. I just read the part about The DaVinci code. Other than you being bored watching the movie because you knew what was going to happen, I’m curious what your thought are movie vs book. I think that is a great example of how movies can’t compare to the book. That book and a few of Dan Brown’s others blew me away. The details and story telling get lost on the big screen.
I think that I mentioned it but for sure shows/movies can't touch one's imagination so books are much better and one really gets immersed into that world. However, I do like a good movie/show too and appreciate things being 'fleshed out' by making thoughts visualized. To me, maybe cuz I just can't get into reading novels, I'd just wait for the show/movie.

In any event, I would only do one or the other, I dunno how ppl would intentionally read the book beforehand and see how it plays out later on, it really killed The DaVinci Code movie for me and I'd never do that again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
I thought it was.

Besides, I made some on topic contributions above, don't you think.
No worries, man, you know I'm just kidding around, nothing's srs here haha.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 1
Esteban43764.50