01-14-2019, 11:15 AM   #34
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I started out with a FitBit and then moved to a Garmin Vivoactive 3 (VA3). The GPS on it seems better than the FitBit and pretty much equal to the GPS on my Garmin Edge 1000 bike computer. The VA3 is consistent with step tracking, but not so much with stairs. Although I gave up counting flights of stairs ages ago. The VA3 and my Edge 1000 are usually within .01 or .02 after a 20+ mile ride, so I'm pretty happy with the accuracy and consistency of the VA3. I love being able to kill phone calls from the VA3 and take a quick peek at incoming emails and text messages. I don't read them there, of course, but I can usually tell from the title if I need to stop what I'm doing and check the full message on my phone.
The FB I have now I can glance at the display and know the score update, and whether I need to stop and take a call/text. Where before I was constantly smashing my goal of 12,500 steps, these days it seems to only be on weekends that I also run and do yard work. No more 6000 steps when I get to work if I ride my motorcycle either
Appreciate 0