View Single Post
      10-20-2017, 07:09 PM   #52
Springs1
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Now, if the waiter brings the wrong order and it is obviously the wrong order, it may be a mistake by the kitchen or the waiter when he put in the order - you can't tell.
Now this is where you are **VERY WRONG**! It is totally 100% ***IMPOSSIBLE****** for it to be a kitchen staff error if the error makes it to your table. It's either your server that left the kitchen wrong, took it off the tray wrong, another server that ran the food wrong, or your server put in the order wrong.

You can ***********EASILY TELL****************** WITH YOUR *******************EYES****************************. You don't sound smart to say such a thing.

This is a random picture on the internet from some lady at a Chili's and LOOK at her plate:

You can clearly **SEE** she has for example sour cream on her plate, beans, rice, and quesadillas(looks like chicken as since this is a picture I can't for sure tell, but anyway). If someone orders a fries instead of rice, shouldn't the server be able to tell what fries look like and what rice looks like **BEFORE*** they ****SERVE***** IT, HUH?

So let's say a customer asked for steak quesadillas, those sure aren't dark in color I can easily tell there's no way that's steak. So unless it is the original server that put in the order wrong, if either the original server or another server runs that food, if that lady ordered steak quesadillas, there should be no reason what-so-ever that should make it to the customer's table. The server that runs the food can ask to see the ticket if it's another server. If it's your own server, they should have it written down and compare it to the food. Since it's several slices of chicken, there's no way it would be an honest mistake to bring that out to miss all of those pieces of chicken if you really honestly verified the order with the written order or ticket. The only way it can make it to the customer with verifying it is if the original server put in the order wrong for that(they put for example chicken instead of steak) and then another server ran the food wrong.

What really makes me mad about your sentences I quoted, you said "OBVIOUSLY WRONG" that means it should be "OBVIOUSLY WRONG" for whoever brings it out(unless your server put in the order wrong and another server brings out your food to you, well then you can blame your server on that one and not the server that ran the food).

If you can see something wrong **WITHOUT EVER TOUCHING the food***, then your server or another server(as long as the order was put in correctly) should have noticed this ****BEFORE*** they left the kitchen with it.

You have to use some **COMMON SENSE** just like at home if you were at home if you left a room and then went into another without the correct item, you aren't blind or illiterate are you? Even if someone gave you a list to get at a store, if you are not blind or illiterate or need glasses, you should be able to get the correct item if they have it at the store. If you leave the store buying the wrong item, because you didn't pay attention, how the hell do you blame the person that gave you the information if the information they gave you was indeed the correct information, huh? Doesn't make **ANY** sense, does it? Use REAL LIFE in your analogies, DUHH! Now if they gave you the wrong info and you bought the wrong item, then that's on them. It's NO DIFFERENT*****NO DIFFERENT*********** than a server serving food. Why can't people grasp this, huh?

My husband and I dined once at a seafood restaurant. Our waiter brought out our 2 entrées and another table's entrées, set the tray on top the tray jack down. I watched as he **AIMLESSLY* handed out plates of food, but NEVER ONCE, NOT ONCE got his pad of paper out to compare which table had which entrées. Our waiter put in front of my husband fried shrimp with fries when my husband ordered crawfish au gratin with a baked potato. It turns out, we thought the waiter put in the order wrong, NOPE, our waiter admitted he brought the wrong plate of food out and didn't bring out on the entire tray my husband's food. So do you see how our waiter didn't put forth **ANY** (***************EFFORT *******************) into the job?

The side dishes were even wrong even. That's how LAZY he was, not only to not verify it when he left the kitchen, but to also not verify it even when the plates of food were on top the tray on top the tray jack. HOW LAZY and UNCARING can you get, you know? He could have easily CAUGHT his mistake and not put in front of my husband ANY entrée as there was none on his tray he brought out to being with. Instead he took NO EFFORT what-so-ever into even trying to get it right. That's just pure laziness PERIOD! He did apologize, but it was ridiculous he did that to begin with. He should have known what he was bringing out the kitchen and when he was taking each plate off the tray, he REALLY should have made 100% SURE of what plate he was handing out. That's why servers should not do more than one table like that. He should have gone in the order of turns that if theirs were ready before ours, he should have brought just theirs. If ours were ready before theirs, he should have just brought ours and not made one trip. By doing it the way he did it, while you may all say efficiency, but it's much easier to get ******MIXED UP****** when you do 2 tables in 1 trip and that's what he did. He didn't even *****TRY******** to get it right.

Quote:
However, the waiter should be checking the order before bringing it to the table. So demerit for the waiter if that happens.
So you are **CONTRADICTING YOURSELF** here. You say you can't tell if they bring it out OBVIOUSLY wrong, then say they should check it. You can't have both. Your server should know what you ordered and check it BEFORE they leave the kitchen and again if they have 2 or more table's plates of food on a tray they need to verify which table had what. They also need to get their pad and paper out to see "the man on my right side when I face them had such-n-such, the lady had such-n-such on my left" Especially if you are dealing with a large party, you should know where you give it, not auction it off asking "Who had the whatever" if you are their server. Now if you aren't their server, well yeah, then you won't know who ordered what, but if you are their server, you darn well should know from the written order.

You wrote "obviously wrong" and that's the issues I am talking about, things that you don't have to actually "TOUCH" to notice they are wrong or missing. If you have to touch the food to notice it's wrong, then it's either the kitchen staff's fault or your server put in the order wrong or if another server ran the food if the original server put in the order correctly then the kitchen staff would be at fault for something you'd have to touch. Even then, it depends on WHAT it was. If I knew my customer said they were allergic or didn't want pickles on their closed-faced burger, I'd ask the expo to lift the bun BEFORE leaving the kitchen to make sure my customer doesn't get pickles on their burger. That is something else that can be done as well that even though the server can't touch the food, a member of the kitchen staff sure can and this way, it prevents having to have it sent back and being served wrong.

Quote:
Same for forgetting to stop back to see if everything is ok, or if anything else is needed, as well as for either rushing you out the door or not bringing the check in a timely manner. A poor attitude and rudeness are also reasons for a waiter to expect a reduced a tip.

Sometimes if things are really bad, they may end up with no tip at all if things are really horrible. Rudeness is very high on my list of either a very low tip to a stiff, because there's no excuse for that, NONE!

Last edited by Springs1; 10-20-2017 at 07:15 PM..
Appreciate 0