05-22-2019, 03:12 PM   #371
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Basically, yes.

I think Oscar is confused. He doesn't understand why I don't pet him or show him affection. In return he acts very needy around me. Always right under foot, walking between my feet. Sits on the floor directly behind my chair if I'm at the kitchen table. Brushes against my legs. Do you have any idea how many times a day I change and how much laundry I do?

Not my ex, my current. We got engaged and bought a house together. Before we moved in together, he spent most of his time at my house. I would be very careful when I was at his house to strip as soon as I got home and put my clothes right in the wash.

If he belonged to my ex, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
My bad - reading comprehension failed me there. I had thought I read ex somewhere, but clearly not.

Cats can live a long time, as I'm sure you are aware. My wife is allergic to our dog, but he'll probably only live for 4-6 more years because their life expectancy is much lower. Strangely, she's on board with getting another dog (I think mostly for our kids who just love having a dog and it is going to be really hard on them when Mac goes...especially my 2 year old).

Have you discussed with your fiancé what the intent is when Oscar goes...because he may want another cat?
Appreciate 0