ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bc2005 View Post
One item I would check is the flexibility of the hose.

I bought a small off-brand shop vac from Lowes and the hose is short and made of relatively hard plastic. When I vacuum the car I have to be careful because the plastic hose drags across the interior instead of flexibly snaking around. I assume the better quality hoses are vinyl with reinforcement so they are much more flexible.
Agree to this - and make sure the connection has some sort of swivel (rotation) so it doesn't kink. Having a hose long enough to reach across the car and a cord long enough to reach all the areas on your car from one outlet.

Personally - (and kidding aside from being the self-proclaimed subject expert) my last one was Rigid and died in less than 10 years. Maybe with Shepherds, I was hitting it too hard I personally went back to ShopVac for mine a couple years ago. Large 5.5hp for the bulk...and a tiny 1 gallon unit (don't know the HP rating) for details if needed (smaller attachments).

Being able to swap from dry to wet quickly was important for me. While I don't do the main carpet often...I'm doing the floor mats a couple times/year on all the cars.