View Single Post
      03-13-2023, 05:26 PM   #1
vonxolo
Registered
Rep
Drives: E60 528i xdrive

2009 528i xDrive Strange part listing discrepancies

I'm a first-time BMW owner, I bought this E60 about 6 months ago. I noticed a comment made by BMW doctor on YouTube that this particular model in year had some strange phenomenons because this was the last E60 production car. For instance I have CCC navigation but I have factory installed cic controller and modules, not sure if that's anything normal.

But to the point I'm trying to service my transfer case oil and I can't even find an auto parts store that not only carries the drain plug but they each seem to have issues with the part not even being in their system.
When I reference real oem.com I can drill down to the part number but I first noticed the problem on Amazon because when I search Amazon with my car in the garage it says it's not the right part number or it doesn't fit my car. So I've been to two other OEM parts directories that also behave the same way saying that part number doesn't fit. On a recommended part number, shows an m24 size instead of m22.

So I'm just having trouble trying to solidify my knowledge on what's what with my car. The production date was November of 2008, it's a 2009 but it's also an LCI, so maybe I'm not understanding but it seems like on that information there was no pre LCI for this car.

Anyway if anybody knowledgeable can direct me with the proper info on this I'd appreciate it greatly.

And just a closing question/comment on this, doesn't it seem strange that there's a paradox of some sort relating to the transfer case fill/drain plug? Especially with the main auto parts stores? I mean I get that the transmissions supposedly are supposed to be lifetime fluid maintenance but the transfer case is different...
Appreciate 0