spooni
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooni View Post
I've been enamored with the idea of owning a 911 for sometime now. It seems like the natural progression coming from E9X, or a great stablemate.

I drove a 991.1 C2S PDK a few years ago and was left completely underwhelmed. The PDK is nice, but lacks the drama the E9X 7 speed box gives. Very linear power curve but didn't feel fast. This car was for sale at $62k at the time(late 2020), now that same car would be 80. Insane.

Since then I've driven a couple 991s, and a 992 C2S. The only car that gave my willy a tickle was a base C2 manual 991.2. Now with the P car market going to the moon, I don't see the value in these cars with this market(paying retail for a 4-5 year 911 is just madness IMHO).. I've always lusted after the GT cars(mainly the 997 and 991.2 manual), but holy moses, the prices on those have gone MAD.

However, I'm hoping to get into a 991.2 Carrera T manual at some point, realistically in the next 2-3 years. Hoping the values come down a bit. Otherwise I'm looking into a different sports car or GT car for a weekend cruiser, and occasion HPDE companion.

What do y'all think? What would you buy with a $100k budget? Overpriced 911, V8 R8 manual, Aston?
I have 991.2 T in PDK though.
A short test drive will not make you appreciate the value of a 911.

911 = true sports car with ZERO compromises.
It has the perfect seating position, great build quality, reliability, strong brand prestige, huge aftermarket support, huge enthusiast community.
Also things like storage space and rear seats. I fit both my kids in the back with no issues.

Driving these cars is such a pleasure - perfect visibility, suspension doesn’t beat you up, handling is amazing. My car has RAS(rear wheel steer) - i can take the same corners going about 10-20mph more than my F80. No body roll and then you can step on throttle right away as it puts the power down with no issue. The 991.2 cars are easy to mod to get another 100hp with ECU tune. The 3.0 flat 6 is great engine and sounds amazing if u have sport exhaust.

There is really no other sports car in the $100-125k range that i would pick over a used 911.
You're probably right. A few 20 min test drives really can't be enough to grasp the experience of any car really. I passed up a manual T about a year ago, for 91k. Wish I would of just stretched my budget at the time

I still need to go out and drive a few other competitors, but that base manual .2 was the best one I've driven. The trans in that car was sublime! I can only imagine the T taking the up a few notches.