08-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #123
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Speaking of Lewis, I applaud him yesterday for the post race interview. He had no anger or frustration at all (regardless if he hidden his emotion or not), not pointing fingers or blaming others for his unfortunate events. Great attitude yesterday all around!
he gets told what to say. that was old (so, when he was young) Lewis, not out-of-control-impulsive Lewis from 2011 (his true-self).

I understand the different points of view; but I still agree with xbook et al, he was impatient, because in the split second after the spin, he realised that he was screwed, so he spun it back, and he got punished, which was fair. end of story... if he had waited like he should've, he would've been ROYALLY screwed, but hey, nobody told him to spin... some say if he had gone off course it would've possibly resulted in a DNF. well, you can't put the rest at risk just cause you spun and don't want to abandon, can you?
whether he actually saw Di Resta and recognised him or whatever is neither here nor there, because running in 4th or whatever position he was in, he KNEW there were cars coming and how narrow the track is (i.e. he knew he was screwed). he may have not been lying about not having seen him, but it's a BS excuse IMO... by the way, Di Resta was NOT a backmarker at the time; he ran in the top 10 all weekend.
Appreciate 0