View Single Post
      03-26-2024, 06:24 PM   #19
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Yup. The dinning set we got looks nice, but it's some kind of soft wood no one has ever heard of. Still better and cheaper than the alternatives made of MDF though. It did take a whole weekend of going to every store just to find that one set we liked.

Both my current sofa and my last sofa which I had for probably like 15 years I got at the R2G outlet. Not sure where you are located but around here all the big furniture stores have outlets where they sell off overstock and damaged items. It's a PITA because inventory changes all the time and a lot of the time they just have shit, but you can find the occasional deal on something that has a small scratch or has damage somewhere in the back where you don't see it.

And yes... unless you want to spend $5k a piece (some place like Restoration Hardware) you are basically stuck with mass produced shit. We also happen to like the look of mid century furniture... don't even get me started with that. Tack on another $1k to any of the mass produced if it's mid century style.
No RTG in PA
Appreciate 0