tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
The EA837 3.0TT cold vee engine is known for oil leaks. The replacement EA839 3.0TT hot vee engine is solid. I am not sure which year was the last one for EA837 and which is the first year for EA839.

Macan is well known for small rear seating area.

Overall it’s a nice entry in the segment. But the X3M40i is a good one also, with a lower price and more interior space.

If you buy any Porsche, buy a CPO unit. Porsche stands behind the CPO warranty in nearly all cases.
The EA839 started in 2019. That’s why I’m looking at these two. I’ve heard about the oil leaks. I’m not actually interested in an SUV and I want to drive the Macan, because everyone says it doesn’t drive like an SUV. The X3 is a good SUV, but that’s what it drives like. It will be interesting to see how I feel about how the Macan drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llarry View Post
And you need to mentally prepare yourself for high maintenance and repair costs. The dealerships really rake it in. Finding a good independent would be a wise move.

That said, we love our '21 GTS but it's got the 375 hp "hot vee" engine.
I forgot you had a Macan. How will the maintenance and particularly the repairs needed compare to a B58 do you think?
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!