02-01-2018, 02:03 PM   #5
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVe46 View Post
I sell health insurance so maybe I can help... Have you got an EOB or Explanation of Benefits from your insurance company? Even if you have a high deductible, the bill still needs to be sent to your insurance company so they can apply their negotiated rate for being within the hospitals network. This should reduce that bill quite a bit. Also, $800 is not enough for an MRI these days, so whatever figure they're giving you upfront is a bonus to them. A lot of Drs and hospitals are charging fees upfront due to majority of plan reimbursing on such a low basis. To prevent that form happening, ensure that ALL bills, even non covered expenses, first go to your insurance company. Not only for repricing but so they can be applied to your deductible. If they aren't sent to them first and you pay it, they have no record of you paying anything towards your out of pocket.
Yes it went through insurance supposedly I got $5k discount and I owe like $2000 so the $1200 bill I guess its counting the $800 I paid on site. I just went back and looked at insurance. It was MRI and EKG it seems $7k!!!! No wonder our healthcare system is so fucked up.

I wouldn't have an issue had they told me it was $2k to start with... honestly probably wouldn't have done the test, at least not there. I mean they know what it costs to do the test, they should know my deductible since they have my insurance info. So when they told me I had to pay $800 I knew that wasn't a copay so it had to be because of my deductible. Plus the other lab I had talk to quoted me about the same and they didn't take my insurance at all so could of done it there for the $800 and been done.
Appreciate 0