View Single Post
      07-14-2022, 12:37 PM   #22
br2wdc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW TBD (Future Purchase)

Back two years ago right at the beginning of the pandemic, I used Carvana successfully because they had the biggest offer for my 2017 VW GLI. Carmax offer was $2k less and so was another online buyer.

Flatbed came to pickup the car, they gave me a check for amount left over after paying off the car, and we were DONE: best/easiest car sale I have ever made.

Carvana seems to be a completely different company today, with a huge inventory of overpriced cars which stay listed for weeks on end with horrible customer service. It's clear to me more cuts are coming to their headcount, plus they will have no choice but to reduce prices to cut into the huge inventory backlog they currently have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Most of us probably have seen their commercials and how easy it is to buy a used car from them. I personally wonder if it was a better deal or not. I know when we were looking to buy a used X3 I did look on their app, but they did not seem to have anything which was worth a second look. We ended up buying a new X3 right before all the problems happen with shortages.

Anyway, It looks like Carvana is not what everything thought they were, this video really dug into the company and found it operates on the edge of being a scam. Carvana is owned by the same people who own Drvtime which does predatory lending to people buying new cars. The video did not specifically say this, but they indicated that Drvtime had almost 50% of their car loans in default at any given time and were repoing cars, I wonder if Carvana was selling the repo cars. This would explain why it takes months and years to give people their title to the car.

BMW TBD

Previous: 2011 E90 M3 | LMB | DCT -- 2006 E90 330i | 6MT -- 2001 E39 540i | 6MT -- 1997 E36 M3 | Techno Violet | 5MT
Appreciate 0