View Single Post
      01-25-2023, 06:14 PM   #29
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 230 2020 vert F23

right straight of the back of this, I managed to get some pics, so.. this is the cuboard/ desk of drawers , what wil you.
I'm going to use it basically as a DJ desk in the basement. It's really a fairly sturdy old thing, The drawers are out and I tried some gentle hammering and nothing budged, can see a few pins but seems dove and glue joints, very solidly made, so not your usualy IKEA junk.

So here is where we get technical, After butchering the drawers, this is what I wanna do,

The Desk is going to be facing me (i.e. the drawers part) the back the audience.
I'm going to get some black material, leather, something to cover it all.

I want to use the INSIDE as storage, maybe to house the amps, maybe stuff like that, So I wanna cut and remove stuff so it's easier.

NOW

* There is no bottom that board is just what it's resting on
* I wanna remove the drawer supports rails, again not a problem

* Now see the pic with the numbers 1-4 I wanna chop them on the red lines to enable me to get big things in. I'm hessitant to remove all 4, BUT if I can get away with the bottom 2 that would be great,

* I'm also ok with the center Vertical support.

What I'm concerned is when I put my 1200's, mixer, lighting controls (it also has a glass top) that it doesn't go squeel and collapse

It is sturdy and you can stand on it no problems

Any thoughts

OH this is another reason I need a good saw

It doesnt need to be pretty as only I will see it

Pics tp follow

Last edited by nazali; 01-25-2023 at 06:22 PM..
Appreciate 0