View Single Post
      01-25-2023, 07:41 AM   #26
Bc2005
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

I have quite a few of the Ryobi tools and they work fine. I look for combo specials at Home Depot or online, since the usually include a couple batteries. I also bought spare high capacity batteries from a no-name place on Amazon and they seem to work as well as the originals. I use the higher capacity batteries mostly for my leaf blower, string trimmer, etc.

Ryobit cordless are relatively heavy and batteries on the older models don’t seem to last as long, but they have worked well for many projects. If you buy their newer brushless tools they should have much better battery life.

If you want to buy lighter weight tools, this Makita sub-compact brushless line is more costly but so much easier to handle. I could hook the circular saw or drill on my belt clip and climb a ladder or do other work until I needed the saw or drill again.
https://www.homedepot.com/collection...mily-308735228

Prices on tools have also gone crazy. That Makita combo with drill, impact driver, charger and two batteries is now $340, but I think I got it a few years ago on special for closer to $200-225.

Last edited by Bc2005; 01-25-2023 at 07:46 AM..
Appreciate 1
nazali1311.50