09-12-2020, 08:51 AM   #26
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Congratulations!

We have 2 healthy boys - praise God!

My 8 yr old is in school my 2 yr old goes 3 days a week from 9am-1pm.

Babies have to have really full bellies to sleep for extended periods of time. They can't speak yet so they communicate through crying (of course).

Perspective can be very hard to come by during this season of broken sleep and work/family balance. Try to put yourself in your kids shoes and allow yourself to become tender.

Its all by design and this time will bond you guys together like glue if you make the space for it vs trying to force your desires and wishes on the situation.

Relief looks a bit different for everyone - but here's what worked for me.

Workout like your life depends on it for an hour every day. Learn how to meditate - "transcendental" is a good one, lookup the David Lynch Foundation on YouTube and do some research. Plan date nights and find someone who can watch the kids once a week or a few times a month. Watch your diet - you'll want to use food for energy not comfort. 1 cheat day is what I do.

Plan for some future getaways - you and your wife will have that to look forward to.

If you workout hard though you will sleep
more efficiently.

Those are my ramblings - my church family also helped us - going through that stuff with others is kind of what it's all about.... taking in on solo - not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0