View Single Post
      09-08-2022, 10:19 AM   #614
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Anyone have (or tried out) a Halo Versa 16? I’ve been looking at it online. The rotating pizza stone and portability (can use on patio or take to a tailgate) are attractive. I’m hesitant thought because with the temps it claims, it seems like pizza should cook quicker and I could foresee burnt crust before the cheese melts because maybe the pizza stone gets way hotter than the oven temp. Wondering if anyone has tried them out.

https://halo-pg.com/product/versa-16...or-pizza-oven/
I have not used one, I am interested in them.

Ultimately it will depend on how well you can control the temperature. I suspect you would want to preheat at max, then reduce the temp a bit to cook so you don't get a blackened top and undercooked edges.

Because it has such small thermal mass you will have to ride the temp control like you would with a cheap a gas grill.

FWIW on my wood oven I like the middle of the deck to be about 600 degrees, the dome will be somewhere between 900 and 1000. Another advantage of the big oven is that you can have a spot that is 200 degrees cooler (on the deck) if you need to slow things down a little while the top finishes. I usually pick the pizza up to 'finish' close to the dome for a couple seconds.
Appreciate 1
RickFLM410988.50