View Single Post
      04-08-2020, 11:52 PM   #764
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i M-Sport Coupe

Considering I've done nothing but study Biology for the last 4 years and will be starting medical school in the fall, I figure what better time to start learning about investment strategies then during a global pandemic.

For my first lesson, I bought some cheap stocks through fidelity last week with some money I had left over from textbook rentals. I have since sold them to get a better understanding of how things work. On Monday I’m going to start MIT open courseware lesson: (15.433) on investments. This should keep me busy for a while. The open course contains notes, quizzes, exams, and problem sets.

I’ve never really had anyone teach me this stuff. It’s always just been “go to school and get a good job,” hoping the rest would fall into place. But without any solid investment advice, I've had an urge to learn it on my own.

Does anyone have any book recommendations? Not interested in the run of the mill guru types, i.e. Dave Ramsey, Tony Robbins, etc. but rather something from a more principled approach.

Thanks for any recommendations,
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00