View Single Post
      10-05-2020, 07:58 PM   #72
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M3 SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
While what you said has a lot of merit, the fact is Jordan has 6 rings out of 6 and James has 3 rings out of 9 finals. James has lost 6 finals! Jordan has lost zero finals.

A lot of people agree with you that James is the GOAT. Based on his personal career stats, its a toss up between between James and Jordan. For me, the difference in finals performance will always put Jordan first. James said in the six finals his teams lost, the better team won. Jordan never had to say that.

The trouble for James now is no matter how well he does, he cannot erase his horrible finals record. He knows that. That's why he is so frustrated he walks off the court before the game is over. I think history will show James as second best. Still great, just not the greatest.
So what about the years Jordan played where he NEVER GOT TO THE FINALS?
people are acting as if Jordan played in the NBA only for 6 years, got the the final and won and he didnt play any other year.

it took Jordan 7 or 8 years before he played in the NBA before playing in a Finals.
After winning 3 rings he retired, when he came back in 95, he was beaten in the playoffs by Shaq, Penny and the Magic............its as if people want to sweep that under the rug.
Its a part of his record, and just as much a part as his 6 rings.
Also a part of his record is his misguided ego boost of coming back to play for the Wizards for 2 years where he didnt even make the playoffs.

the Number of rings argument is Rubbish because
1. BILL Russel has 11 rings in 13 years, the two he doesn't have are years where he was injured. so if it were purely rings, Russel would be the GOAT.

Kareem, whom I regard as the best ever, has just as much rings, and one more MVP than Jordan has.

I wont rank Lebron yet, Ill wait till his career is over. it had seemed unlikely, but is AD stays healthy and there is no shard decline, is possibly for Lebron to get to 5 or 6 rings.
If he has 5, i'm putting him ahead of Jordan - For this reason:

there is no other player in the history of the League to have Led four different teams to the Finals and three Franchises to the championship as its FRANCHISE PLAYER
Robert Horry and John Salley has rings with 3 different franchises, but they were role players. If Lakers win, which they will, Danny Green will join Salley and Horry
Appreciate 1
540iSUP703.00