View Single Post
      10-05-2020, 06:11 PM   #71
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmason View Post
LeBron James is a more efficient scorer than Michael Jordan. He is a better all-around shooter than Michael Jordan. If LeBron was less of a playmaker and took more shots, He would have averaged more points per game than Jordan. Speaking of LeBron’s playmaking skills, he is a better playmaker and passer than Michael Jordan.
While what you said has a lot of merit, the fact is Jordan has 6 rings out of 6 and James has 3 rings out of 9 finals. James has lost 6 finals! Jordan has lost zero finals.

A lot of people agree with you that James is the GOAT. Based on his personal career stats, its a toss up between between James and Jordan. For me, the difference in finals performance will always put Jordan first. James said in the six finals his teams lost, the better team won. Jordan never had to say that.

The trouble for James now is no matter how well he does, he cannot erase his horrible finals record. He knows that. That's why he is so frustrated he walks off the court before the game is over. I think history will show James as second best. Still great, just not the greatest.

Last edited by sygazelle; 10-05-2020 at 06:18 PM..
Appreciate 0