10-05-2020, 09:49 AM   #19
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarton62 View Post
Forgot to add in my original post, in this thread. I went through therapy, anti inflammatories etc....What worked for me was acupuncture.
Granted the pain flares up occasionally, but a "top up" clears things up in a few sessions. I believe once you have sciatica you are never fully rid of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarton62 View Post
Forgot to add in my original post, in this thread. I went through therapy, anti inflammatories etc....What worked for me was acupuncture.
Granted the pain flares up occasionally, but a "top up" clears things up in a few sessions. I believe once you have sciatica you are never fully rid of it.

Guys - we can keep talking in circles about this or you can learn from my - yr journey from hell. I'm now squatting and deadlifting over 300 lbs, with zero pain - I'm 40 yrs old.

When we change seasons in particular, we dehydrate easier - and or our muscles are a bit more tense - not to mention the general stress of 2020 making things more tense.

Now, all of us sit too much - and sitting causes atrophy in the hamstrings.

Ideally everyone reading this gets plenty of physical activity every day. But if you don't - it's only a matter of time before something in the lower back / glutes / hamstrings gives.

I did acupuncture - chiro - mri - reflexive therapy - physical therapy.

As JP10 said - physical therapy is the answer. They will pinpoint the issue - I had an mri first - then the physical therapist - I went to Jewett Orthopedic - they will give you your HOMEWORK. IE stretches.

Now hear me out - I don't do any stretches anymore - I'm more into a light 5 min jog before I workout -and don't do static stretches anymore.

But once the muscles around the injured area start to tense up - you'll watch to do the stretches to relieve and eventually fix your issue.

I also bought a Tens Unit (wallgreens) and CBD can help too.

But to fix your problem you need SPECIFIC stretches. Mine took about 15-20 mins before getting out of bed - yes do them in your bed- and 20 mins at night before sleep, or around 6pm if you wish on bed I'd ideal.

These will help you - you can skip stretch #2

https://www.spine-health.com/video/4...ack-pain-video

I couldn't sit for 8 months at all, my friend had same problem - he went the surgery route (I don't recommend) $10k later he still has issues, but he doesn't workout.

Strong core (abs) + strong back = fending off future issues.

These are good too:

Or you can just let it get worse and turn chronic - you will become a pain in the ass to be around and eventually humbled

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 2
JP102462.00
Cajun1137.50