View Single Post
      04-12-2020, 10:30 AM   #45
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
My list of ownership is a bit of a cheat because I've only had 1 car in my name so far. If I'm being honest I haven't funded any of my cars (yet), so I'm grateful that I even had a car almost constantly after I got my license. In order:

-2013 Renault Fluence 1.5dci EDC: First car after I got my license. It was in the company fleet so I was very, very sad to see it go. Pretty a-ok car for what it was, definitely want to buy one once I can import it to the States for the good old times. From carrying 13 people in the car with 2 in the trunk, almost dying because of understeer to becoming a man, lots of memories in that car. Still have the plate on my wall in America.

- 2011 Nissan Qashqai 2.0dci: My mom's old car. Since her car is leased for the company too, once we returned the Fluence there was one "opening" so she got an Insignia (Buick Regal over here) and I got the Nissan. You guys have it here as a Rogue; there isn't much special about this car other than being extremely easy to drive. The glass roof is what got me addicted to them, I can't imagine not having a car that doesn't get natural light anymore. Still have this car but it's staying in Istanbul now. Excuse the dirt on the Nissan, it rarely gets driven someone just starts it every now and then so the battery doesn't die.

- 2016 BMW 525d xDrive: My dad's "old" car. Leased this for himself through the company, ended up buying it after he leased a G30 for himself early 2019. Only two licenses in my home now (brother's turning 18 in a year and a half), so we took the Nissan to Istanbul. The G30 is my dad's daily now, mom still has the Insignia, we bought the F10 as we thought of selling the Nissan but the amount of money we'd get from it is considerably small so we decided to keep that until it dies. Plan was to have the F10 as the only AWD car since winters can get rough out there.

- 2010 Lincoln MKS: My lovely shitbox. I fell in love with this car when I first saw it, I still really really like it. It's almost irrational at this point but I don't see this car going away unless I'm forced to. There's a few things wrong with it, and I made hella mistakes buying it. Never buying a used car from a dealer again. It's also the car I did any sort of maintenance work on even if it's simple stuff like oil/filter changes and brake pads. Second owner, I've only put on about 20% of its mileage, met the old owner, and have the window sticker (that I said I'd frame). Recently celebrated it's 2nd anniversary with me, too.

For the future? We'll see how stuff unfolds. If I can be employed in the States plan is to get a BMW of some sort. Depending how stuff plays out I'd get a M2C and keep my MKS with it, but if I have to go single car I'd go with an M340i. Drove one for 3ish weeks this summer, what a beast.

The list of cars I've driven is considerably longer than this though, I'll dig it up on my laptop and post it here.

Name:  fluence.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  996.6 KB

Name:  nissan.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  383.5 KB

Name:  xdrive.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  371.6 KB

Name:  lincoln.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  236.1 KB