View Single Post
      09-08-2022, 07:38 PM   #619
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep
Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Which one do you have? Is the method to crisp it up similar to what Ken outlined - get up to hot temp and then lower heat once pizza is in the oven?
I have the Karu 16, technically the multi fuel, though I haven't bought the attachment to hook up propane and have only been using wood.

More or less same method, one thing I've found with wood is the temps can vary dramatically initially unless you've got a decent chunk of embers built up over time (which is unlikely) so it does take some maintenance, I have wood on hand where I'll fire a few chunks in if I need to raise the temps.

I like the temps to get up to 700 or slightly below that, anything higher than that and you are just asking for it to be burned quick if you aren't careful. Though I would imagine it would also get a pretty crispy crust too...just need to watch it closer, move it frequently and less time overall in the oven. I don't tend to make the pizzas overly crispy though, but I'm positive the temps can easily get high enough to do just that if you wanted it.

Overall, I'm happy with the OONI.
Appreciate 1
RickFLM410957.50