View Single Post
      10-14-2019, 03:09 PM   #214
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Zoiks. No doubt there are lots of security reasons for locking things down like that in some businesses. But some do it just to be anal about things.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for running a business the way that it should be ran. I'm not opposed to being productive and like to think of myself as a better employee than most. I don't feel that it has to do with being anal, geared more toward security, but.....if the people above me were doing their jobs, they wouldn't have to worry about internet usage; We'd all be too busy with work, to have time to peruse the internet.

As for security, if we were serious about it, it would most likely be the first thing we were serious about since I have worked here. Rather than delegate responsibility and work load, let's focus on keeping the employees off internet so that rather than being forced to do work, now they have nothing and must stare at the walls all day. Our priorities might be slightly misaligned. Stop being the internet police and be a damn boss. end rant.
Appreciate 0