06-07-2023, 04:04 PM   #24
Theruleslawyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwright View Post
I tried VR with a flight-sim (WW2-era IL2-Sturmovik), and was blown away by how realistic the cockpit feels, it really feels like you are literally there, and you begin to notice details that went unnoticed before, partially because they are much larger now (everything is larger in VR), and partially because they now have 3-dimensions, which makes them "pop".

So I could't believe how realistic the cockpit of HS-129 "tank buster" felt the first time I virtually "sat" there, but unfortunately all the graphics outside this cockpit felt like 1024p resolution, which is a far cry from my 4k monitor.

And because of all that realism your brain gets tricked into believing you're literally flying an airplane, which means motion sickness while doing even mild combat manoeuvres. I got used to that after a while, though, and then it just added up to the immersion.
I use mine mostly for iracing and other driving sims. It really makes you feel like you are there, even compared to triples. It's not 4k sharp but it's worth it to not feel like a game. Also the depth perception really helps on judging apexes or walls on street circuits. Supposedly VR transfers better to real life.
Appreciate 0